I thought I’d do something a little different for this review and do a stream of consciousness review.
– THE DARK AGE. In which we find out what the hell is up with Giles.
– And the rest was silence. Silence and BLUE GOO.
– Giles has a significant dream for once! I was half-expecting Jenny to be in his bed. No luck.
– Really, Willow? Your fantasy involves Ziti?
– I still don’t get Xander’s choice of Amy Yip. Seems like one of those references that got dated about a day after the episode aired.
– The image of Baby Giles in Tweed Diapers is awesome.
– I love Jenny freaking Giles out by saying she destroyed his book.
– Giles is the sexiest fuddy-duddy!
– “No, I think I’d like to stay in.” HOTT
– KISSING! HOTT
– “I’ll see if I can make you squirm.” HOTT
– “It was a one-way street. I was going one way!” One of my all-time favorite Cordelia lines. Very Clueless.
– Wouldn’t you WANT the vamps to be getting blood from the blood bank rather than actual people? Well, I guess the blood is supposed to go to actual people who need transfusions. Still… where does Angel get his blood from? Because if I had to guess I’d say it’s the blood bank.
– ONLY TWO NAMES LEFT ON THE LIST OH NOES
– TATTOO OH NOES
– DEAD GUY WAKING UP OH NOES
– Saturday computer school with Ms. Calendar!
– ETHAN RAYNE OH NOES
– “It’s one of my virtues. …Not really.”
– Giles has such an old-school phone, it’s cute.
– “Why did he call him Ripper?” “Oh.”
– “This is what happens when you have school on Saturday.”
– NOES THE DEMON IS IN JENNY
– Your old-school phone is now DEAD
– I LOVE THAT OLD PICTURE OF GILES SO MUCH I WANT IT FOR MY WALL
– SO I CAN STARE AT IT AND SWOON
– SERIOUSLY ;jdfklsafl;j;akl
– Again, TATTOO OH NOES
– “If you two aren’t with me 110%, then get the hell out of my library!” Okay, so Willow should be a teacher and/or librarian and/or drill sergeant.
– ACID ON SKIN JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
– It’s like the Dark Mark! Giles can SENSE it!
– I really like the solution they come up with, with Angel and Angel’s VampDemon fighting Eyghon or however you spell that. And the way Angel’s face goes all wonky for a while. Hee.
– Jenny But of course because this is a Whedon show, nobody ever gets to be in a happy relationship. SIGH. JOSS WHEDON WHY MUST YOU CRUSH ALL OF OUR SHIPPING DREAMS.
– I like how Buffy cheers him up at the end by saying they have something in common and then letting him insult her music.
– “Bay City Rollers! That’s music.” LOLOL GILES. I would have thought you’d go for Vivaldi or something.